Thursday, February 15, 2007

Collages are really...something.

I've never had the desire to make a collage, then again, the thought of creating a self portrait, editing it in Adobe Photoshop, paying $7.50 to obtain a 6x4 print of previously mentioned portrait on some sort of foam board substance, and then presenting it to the class so they can critique it never dawned on me either. The collage I think will be more difficult than the self portrait. Self portraits were rather easy in comparison, a picture of you, some other junk, and a lens flare for good measure and you had a keeper. A collage on the other hand needs a theme, images fitting said theme, and the know how to make it look like something and not like the first 10 images from Google image search just slapped down.

Of course you could do that, claim it as some new form of art and I suppose no one could disagree. I'm looking around for a theme or idea to turn into something that someone, at some point may call a collage, as of yet, nothing interesting has struck me.

So I will leave you with this collage



Yeah, that is a couple of sea monsters, with half human bodies, engaging in what appears to be boxing...I'll never come up with something this awesome.